Friday, August 31, 2012

Bounce Around Fun

A few months ago one of our sort-of cousins had a birthday party for the whole family.  They rented out this bounce/climbing facility and we all had a great time mingling while the kiddos burned off a lot of energy.  The best part of all though was that they didn't come home with cheesy party favors but instead each got a free pass to return again.  Which sadly we held onto for a while since I didn't really want to drag baby Isla there.  But with Taylor out of town and lots of time to kill over the 4 day weekend, I got brave and took the boys.   The problem is that there's plenty of parent seating but it's not exactly in a prime watching spot.  Miles is still only 2 so it's not like I can totally trust him by himself.
I shouldn't have been worried at all.  The boys were in heaven.  Running, climbing, bouncing, screaming, playing, repeat... repeat... repeat.  And when I wandered over to check on them this is what I saw.  Truly I hadn't planned to take any pictures but this was just too cute to pass up.  Ethan and Isaac holding hands, swinging around in a circle and then bouncing their way off the pillow thing.  I love what a good older brother Ethan is.
Occasionally I start to worry that maybe he's not good enough at this or that or that I'm not doing enough as a mother but then I see him being so kind and loving when I least expect it and I just remember that really nothing else matters.  He's happy.  He's a good boy.  Everything will work out.  And in the end all that will matter in 20 years is that he's still happy and still a good brother.
Isla was an angel (of course) and slept for a while so I actually plowed through a few parents magazines and got to check my email.  Turned out to be a fabulous way to blow through a daddy-less afternoon/evening.

No comments: