Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Block Party 2012

Sometimes as I'm driving around I see homes for sale and think it would be so nice to move.  Mostly though I'm just trying to escape a 50 year old home and it's problems.  Really I LOVE where we live.  I LOVE my next door neighbor with her 5 boys who is forever dropping baked goods off at our door.  And I LOVE living next to Taylor's parents.  Really I LOVE this neighborhood and our annual Block Party is just a great excuse to hang out with everyone.
Here's Isaac being taught how to use a hoola hoop by one of our favorite babysitters.
Ethan going down the giant slide.
And Isaac.
They had a DJ this year who was so funny.  He had all the girls doing the macarena (am I old if I admit that he didn't need to teach me but he DID need to teach the girls?).  And he pulled out the Limbo stick which Miles loved.  So hilarious that he's bending over and still has a foot of clearance.
Isaac and Mari.  This sweet woman has been in the nursery for all 3 of my boys and she is just amazing.  They all love her so much!  She also happens to work at our local grocery store so they boys run and give her hugs every time we shop there.  Can I just say that as a mother it is so heartwarming to see my children being loved by so many wonderful people.  It's so nice to know that they have so many people surrounding them helping them grow into wonderful boys.
Taylor especially loves the block party since he grew up in this neighborhood and quite often the people who still live here invite their kids and grandkids who have moved away to join them.  This means that the block party turns into a mini high school reunion for Taylor.  Who was more than thrilled to show off his cute girl to everyone.  Taylor really was a good father to his boys but he is just over the moon for Isla.  It helps that she's so cuddly and happy all the time!  She stayed cuddled in his arms for more than 2 hours tonight just licking her fingers.  So sweet!
Miles practicing his hoola hopping skills. Notice- no shoes.  This child drives me crazy.  He refuses to keep shoes on- even on hot pavement.  Anytime he can get out of my sight, his shoes are off and disappeared before I can even blink.
Okay so there's lots of Milo quirks that drive me crazy but then he's totally hilarious and I'm instantly back to laughing at him.  Backwards limbo anyone?  Still with a foot of clearance?
Ethan in the bounce house.  Ethan is actually getting to a really nice age where I can let him go off and play and know he's somewhere safe and being good.  Nice to have trustworthy children.  He spent most of the night going from bounce house to slide to dunk tank to photo booth to dancing and back again and I just barely caught glimpses of him running past me as I followed Miles and Isaac around.
This year was the first time they had a photo booth.  There were lots of props and then they handed you the strip with 4 photos on it.  So funny!  Ethan brought me a few he'd done with his friends so then I made sure to round up our whole group (of 6! can you believe it?) to take family pictures.  If they were better quality I might be tempted to make these our Christmas cards!  Here's my 2 favorites since scanning the whole thing made the shots too small and hard to see.
Love, love, love Isla's expression!  And Miles' smile is to die for!
This one's a keeper just because Ethan's laughing smile is so genuine.  These boys LOVE their dad.  He is funny and they love being with him.

No comments: