Saturday, August 4, 2012

Treehouse Museum

Recently I've been trying to get us out of the house more.  Isla is 2 1/2 months and can handle some time in the stroller.  So Friday at breakfast I said "hey let's drive up to the dinosaur park" and was met with loud expressions of disapproval.  Not exactly what I expected.  Apparently all 3 boys knew exactly where they wanted to go and it definitely wasn't the dinosaur park.  I never would have guessed they'd ask to go to the Treehouse Children's Museum since we'd only gone once and that was over a year ago, but they've been looking at our blog books and apparently that jogged their memories and they wanted to go again.
Unfortunately this children's museum does NOT allow any strollers.  And I'm not up to carrying a 2 month old and all her gear while supervising 3 little boys who tend to wander off randomly when they're in an overwhelmingly fun and new place.  So we bagged our big adventure on Friday (opted for a local splash park instead) and went on Saturday when Isla could be left with Taylor who was at work finishing some things up.  She didn't mind hanging out on his desk and the boys and I got some fun stroller-free time.
The whole museum is built around this amazing giant tree.
Building arches is fun, but knocking them over is even better!
Even though my boys have no clue how to play chess, they tried very hard.
Miles even adopted himself a friend and was very good at moving his pieces where they kid told him.
Playing "music".  A fun Saturday with my boys!

No comments: