Thursday, August 16, 2012

The Terrible Twos

It's no secret that it can be very challenging to have a 2 year old (and 3 year old for that matter) and adding a newborn to the mix has definitely spiced things up in our house lately.  I'm not sure if Miles is acting out to get my attention or just because he's experimenting with life and messes are fun to make.  But after enough days in a row of this I started taking pictures so at least I can laugh about it later.
Exhibit 1:  I poured the kids cereal and then went to take a much needed shower while the baby was sleeping.  Mistake:  I left the cereal box on the table so they could look at the back.  Result:  Miles enjoyed shaking, throwing, dumping, and stomping on a nearly full box of Crunch berries.  Lovely!  He earned the right to pick it all up and then helped me vacuum up all the crumbs.
Exhibit 2:  The kids got prizes at the library for reading daily.  This week the prize was little tubs of gak-like stuff that makes farting noises when you push on it.  Lovely!  Of course my boys loved it.  Miles got bored with it though and when I stepped away to change the baby's diaper he decided to pull it out of its little bucket and throw it around the room.  Tragically it's very sticky so I got to spend the next hour picking out as much of the blue goo as I could out of our new carpet.  Miles got to take a nap :).
Exhibit 3:  Drawing on the walls.  Miles has lately been really into drawing and coloring.  It's mostly because Ethan and Isaac each have their own summer school workbooks and I don't have one young enough for Miles.  So usually he asks for paper and crayons while they do their work.  Today though he got bored and decided walls were more fun that paper.  Thankfully he only has a pencil- cause he covered 3 walls before I discovered his handiwork.  And yep, he earned the right to wash it all off.
I'd say I'm looking forward to his birthday in a few months but I'm pretty sure this little guy is going to make 3 look just like 2!  Luckily his cute smile and cuddliness make up for his crazy streak.

No comments: