Friday, August 24, 2012

Dino Park

For the last big adventure of the week we ventured up to Ogden to visit our favorite dinosaur park.  Ethan was the only one brave enough to take a picture in front of a dinosaur statue.
Miles did consent to a picture with a wood dinosaur cutout.

And under the giant brontosaurus.
My cute little crew.
After walking around and learning about all the dinosaurs outside, Isla and I spread out in the grass to cool off while the boys played on the dinosaur playground.  See?  Not at all interested in the binky.
Well, except maybe to lick it.  Someone gave us this cute binky with a stuffed giraffe attached when she was born.  It is hilarious.  But it's also hard to loose so we've managed to keep it around even though she's not that interested in it.  She loves holding onto the giraffe now though and licking either the binky or the giraffe.
Taking a break for a snack.
Begging for food with her coos and grin.  Aint gonna happen yet cutie!
Climbing dinosaurs in the playground.
And climbing up trees.
Swinging.
Ethan sat with Isla while I went and pushed Isaac and Miles.  Kind of nice to have someone old enough to be responsible.
After enough playtime we headed off to dig for bones and eggs.  Unfortunately the dig site is next to one of the dinosaurs that roars.  There are literally hundreds of different dinosaur statues around the park and about 1/3 have hidden noise boxes that roar and make other noises.
Miles was truly freaked out by this and refused to leave my side even to go dig in the sand.  He was truthfully pretty scared and clingy most of the time we were outside even though I explained over and over that they weren't real and neither were the noises.  And because I'm kind of a bad mother I found his behavior hilarious.
We spent a few hours outside and then headed inside to see the rest of the museum so we'd be cooler and out of the sun.  I'm not sure why my kids decided to wear their hats funny that day but every time I looked at them they'd changed them around which made me laugh.  Isaac making fossil rubbings with crayons.
Miles playing a dinosaur matching game with Ethan's help.
And I'll be honest this is my favorite part of the park.  Inside they have anamatronic dinosaurs that move and roar.  See Miles?  He's so scared he's hiding behind the wall.
Seriously wouldn't even come in the room.  He was ready to bolt if needed.
Starting to get a little bit brave.
Cause really he wants to come see the baby triceratops that were making noises.  He kept saying "it's okay baby, the t-rex is a robot, he won't get you."  Yep, somewhat of a disconnect.  But very cute to watch.
And just because it needs to be documented here's Isla with her usually happy grin laying on the air conditioning vent.  Poor thing gets pretty sweaty in her car seat so when we get home and pull her out I usually hold her over the top of a vent blowing cold air and she just smiles and coos.  But to get a picture I had to lay her down and she didn't mind at all laying right on top of the freezing air.  I'm actually pretty sure she LOVED it!

No comments: