Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Puppy Party Prep

With Miles turing 3 I figured it was time he had his own first big friend party.  And since I found this cute idea for a puppy party on Pinterest I couldn't resist doing my own version.
First I found these cute beanie baby dogs on Ebay for next to nothing.  Yeah for fads that have gone out of style!
But of course they didn't come with collars so I sewed tiny ribbon rings...
And made them all collars.  All 22 of them.  That was the only real annoying part since they were so tiny.
Then I used ribbon and sewed a few places to make dog leashes. (If you'd like tutorials on how to make any of these things just look me up on Pinterest and I've pinned all the ideas and they have easy to follow instructions.  I LOVE copying other people.)
Isaac was my little helper since most of this was done during nap time for Isla and Miles.
He of course tested the dog collars and leashes out for me.
We made adoption certificates.
And then since it was Miles' party I let him help me make his cake.  He's no dummy!  This is the best part!
I'm lazy (and 3 year olds don't care) so I used box mixes and made the body out of one chocolate cake and the head out of half of a funfetti cake.  Each round cakes, one slightly smaller than the other.  Then I rounded (somewhat- next time I'll do a better job) the edges and ate the extra cake pieces :)
And then covered the whole thing in brown fondant.  Added a tail, feet, spots, ears, and a face.  And to make it more specifically a birthday cake I added the Happy Birthday Miles letters.  So fun and actually the whole decorating took less than 1 hour.  I love fondant- it is SO easy!
Miles was very happy too.
Definitely not professional but cute none the less.
Okay so I'm really pleased so you'll have to endure a few more shots.

The morning of the party Miles tried on Ethan's 2 year old Halloween Doggy costume- sadly just too small.  He also helped me make a cardboard dog house.
I love this little boy!

No comments: