Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Finally done with 12 hours to spare

Whew.  It was a nail biter but I finally finished up the kid's costumes Tuesday afternoon.  Miles was actually the catalyst for all the other's costumes.  He is currently OBSESSED with Jake and the Neverland Pirates so when I found that costume at Costco for 12 bucks I was sold.  And he was in heaven.  
Of course once I brought it home Isaac was so excited and insisted that he needed to be Peter Pan.  My searches for a good Peter Pan costume were fruitless so I decided to make him one myself.  Which actually turned out to be super easy.  Who knew little boys shirts, leggings, shoe covers, and felt leaf hats could be so easy.  Done in one afternoon.  And so cute.
Isaac and Miles tried to convince me that Isla needed to be Izzy (the girl pirate on the show) but since even I don't really know who that is I decided she needed to be Tinkerbell instead.  And what a cute fairy she was!  So excited to chew on the tulle.
While Isaac's costume took just one day, Isla's took WEEKS!  Who knew it was so hard to make a onesie.  I remade the thing 3 times and it still looked silly up close.  Luckily no one looked too close at her costume when she was smiling like this!  The tulle skirt was super easy and done in 20 minutes flat and the dollar store wings worked great.
Isaac and Miles decided that Taylor should be Captain Hook and Ethan should be Tick Tock Crock but unfortunately for them, both Taylor and Ethan said no way.  Ethan had his heart set on being Harry Potter and after the disaster of Isla's costume I was happy that Walmart came to the rescue.  Done!
Ethan's been practicing his spells all week.  Boy are we ready for the big day!

1 comment:

Jacqueline Auna and family said...

I bet you made all the costumes because you're awesome like that! We had a Harry Potter too - but we got Elijah's from Wal-mart... : )