Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Party at Corp.

One of our favorite parts of Halloween is always the work party Taylor's company hosts.  It's really the only time they invite family into the office and it's always a very interesting costume contest, fun and easy trick-or-treating for the kids, and a yummy free lunch.
Miles enjoyed visiting grandpa all dressed up as (what else) a golfer.  He can't be bothered to take a real picture though- there's candy to be gotten!
Isla decided to eat her wings since dad was holding down her tutu.
My cute group trick-or-treating through the hallways.
Did I forget to mention Taylor dressed up too?  All the employees are supposed to and there's good prizes for the contest winners.  For weeks before Halloween I asked him what he wanted to be and offered to go find him or make him a costume.  He kept telling me he wasn't going to dress up this year.  Until 7:30am Halloween morning when he noticed Isla's green wings on my night stand and had the brilliant idea that he'd like to be the Tooth Fairy for Halloween.  Could he borrow the green wings- he asked.  No WAY!!!  But since both Miles and Isaac had already both lost their costume swords and I'd promised to run to the dollar store to get them some, I told Taylor I'd see if they had more wings.  Sadly for him they only had the slightly more girly red and orange wings left so I grabbed him some red wings and ran to the fabric store and made him a tutu in less than 15 minutes.
At first he told people he was the tooth fairy and after no one got it, he started telling people he was Isla's "wing man".  So funny.  Just cute to see a daddy so in love with his daughter.
Isla might have gotten left on the floor for a few minutes while I grabbed lunch for everyone.  She doesn't look like she minds though.  Always happy to lick the tulle.
Isaac was out of his mind excited to see that his cousin Jesse was also dressed as Peter Pan and that his family had done corresponding costumes.  His dad was Tick Tock crock so Isaac begged to borrow his crocodile hat.  So excited!
And then to top everything off, Jesse's mom dressed up as Captain Hook.  Isaac and Miles were hilarious when they saw her walk in.  They both sunk down into their chairs and in quiet scared voices said "it's Captain Hook"  Of course from Miles it sounded more like "it's cap-an ook".  Miles turned to me and said "how much do I have to eat so I can go see Captain Hook?".  Seriously.  He was willing to finish his lunch so I'd let him get up and go visit the scary captain.
Isaac with his twinner cousin Jesse-Peter Pan and cutey lion Amelia.
Here's a shot of the whole group.  So fun to have everyone dress up and hang out for a little lunch together.
Clint dressed up as a scary Jazz monkey.  The kids were totally scared until he let them try on the mask.
A fun day at the office.
And to top it all off Taylor won the contest for "prettiest" costume.  So funny but we got fun treats and a gift certificate out of it.  I'd say that's worth my 15 minutes making a tutu.  He makes a good wing man.

1 comment:

Jacqueline Auna and family said...

Taylor is so hilarious - I love it! Isla is beautiful - what a lovely family. : )