Saturday, May 26, 2012

Reception/Dance Party

While we stayed at the luncheon, my mom took the boys home for lunch and then they went down to my Aunt's house to have a playdate with my cousin's boys.  They had a blast and Taylor and I and Isla got some much needed naps before the reception.  Of course Barbara couldn't do anything traditional for her reception and vetoed using the Country Club even before anyone suggested it.  They ended up renting out the University of Utah's football stadium.  There's a big common area beside all the box suites that has amazing views overlooking downtown Salt Lake.  It was absolutely gorgeous.
And the best part turned out to be the dancing.  I'll admit it- I was getting a little crabby after 2 full days of activities and still being soar from labor but watching my boys macking on all the bridesmaids and other girls there was truly hilarious.  And they were happy so we stayed.
Ethan and Miles dancing with Grams and Grandpa.
Ethan on his own with Grams while Isaac and Miles monopolize Sophia.
Of course then Ethan needed a turn with her.  She is the favorite cousin after all!

This dance was probably the most hilarious of the night.  Isaac went and asked this cute girl to dance and then kept dragging her back for the entire song.  She's several years older than him and was a good sport to put up with his bossing.

Just one of the bridesmaids Isaac dragged onto the floor.
I know it's small but here's a panoramic shot of the whole place.
And I insisted there be a shot of my cute kids.  Hopefully the real photographer got a better version.  For now this is their first picture all 4 together.
The cake had to be non-traditional too so they had edible pictures of themselves added to the sides!
See?  Both Ethan and Isaac can't stay away from the cute bridesmaids!
This one is at least one of Taylor's cousin.

I let Taylor drag me out for just one song since it was our own wedding song.
Ethan enjoyed the bubble party favors.
Miles enjoyed the cake- Lots of it!
And I made Taylor take Isla out for their first daddy-daughter dance.  He was mortified!  I know it's a little cheesy but 20+ years from now they'll be so cute to have at her wedding- just 10 days old.
Of course the band had to play the West Virginia song.  You can see downtown in the background.
After more than an hour of dancing and lots of eating and fun we were all tuckered out and headed home.  Just a few last minute shots of Isla in her dress since I forgot to take any earlier.  A neighbor actually gave me this dress randomly at a baby shower they did.  Perfect for the wedding!

The boys were great all weekend and it really was fun to be a part of it all.  Thankfully it was all close by.  I'm not sure I could have handled traveling that soon.  Here's Sunday after church.  The boys sat down to watch a movie before dinner and Miles passed out.  He NEVER does this!  I guess we wore him out.

1 comment:

Nikki said...

Sarah, I love that you used the word "macking" I haven't heard that word in forever. Your kiddos look so cute!