Monday, May 14, 2012

Baby Projects

When we first had our ultrasound and found out it was for sure a girl, I was SO excited to start on some projects!  Of course then we did the whole renovation thing so all that got put on hold.  Taylor says it saved him a lot of money because I would have gone completely overboard on pink.  This way I had to wait almost 2 months before I found time to make anything and by then I had a better idea of what I needed and really wanted for this girl.  Of course I needed some pink swaddle blankets.  Partly because they're pink and partly because Miles still uses his "bane-kees".  So much so that when I pulled out some of our old baby supplies including a boppy cover that was made with the same green teddy bear fabric as one of his swaddle blankets, he promptly declared it his and has refused to give it back.  And trust me I've taken it on the sly several times and he has taken it back each time.  So yes, I needed some replacements.
I love the cute stitch my machine does!  And my mom about died when she saw the pink piggy fabric.  One of my nieces LOVES pigs and would die for it.
And even though I found a bedding set I loved, I had to make some adjustments.  The curtain for one was too short for our really long window.  So I ripped it all apart and added all the red fabric you see.  It really was mostly pink and green with just red accents but I wanted more red so this did the job.  Normally of course the bottom red is open but I couldn't get a good shot with the sun streaming in.
And I had to make some red flowers for her room.
And my Eric Carle paintins.
And one final pink project:  a car seat cover.  I'm not in love with the car seat tents I've seen mostly because they seem to get in the way when you're carrying the carseat and also because the ends hang down and get dirty a lot.  I loved the cover I had with Isaac and Miles because you could literally just stick the baby in, add a blanket, and zip it closed.  The flap was easily closable when they were sleeping or when you didn't want people to touch them and the zipper kept the blanket in and the child warm.  But of course that cover was blue and was made out of fleece- so too hot for a summer baby.  One of my friends suggested I use knit jersey and it was actually just as easy to sew with.  This one is fabulously breathable and on really hot days I won't even put a blanket in with her.  I can't wait to use it!  So come on already baby- we're ready!

No comments: