Sunday, May 20, 2012

Loving on Isla

So we're home and adjusting to a slower, more sleepless life here.  
Isla is perfect.  She sleeps in good stretches and will ALWAYS sleep if you let her lay on you or by you or if there's noise going on around her.  She self-soothes (hallelujah!) and will fall asleep on her own in her crib.
She's a good nurser and has still never cried for more than 5 seconds (and even then it sounds more like a cat).  We're knocking on lots of wood!
Of all the boys Miles is the most enamored with her.  As soon as I sit down to nurse her he jumps up beside me and asks to hold her.  And as soon as I'm done he grabs the pillow and wants his turn.  Of course after 30 seconds or whenever he feels like it he's done and he'll simply shove the pillow awake and take off running.  So we have to watch him carefully and grab her quick when he's had enough.  But he sure does love her!

2 comments:

James said...

She's adorable! Congratulations!

treen said...

Congratulations on your baby girl! YAY - you did it! Isla is an awesome name - where did Taylor first hear it? I've never heard of it.

Also, wow - Miles is Ethan all over again! I miss how Ethan and Summer played together when they were so little - it was so cute. When I see pictures of Miles, that's what I think of.