Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day

Mother's day was great here in Utah.  I think it actually started Saturday morning when Isaac woke me up so excited to give me his present.  He'd made a little book at spanish preschool with handprints and flowers and things but somehow lost in translation that Mother's day was Sunday not Saturday.  But how can you really argue with someone so cute and excited to share something with you.
Then Sunday morning started with opening presents too.  Then Taylor was off to his grandpa's house to cook everyone a Mother's day breakfast.  It also just happened to be his grandpa's birthday so we went to his house to all celebrate together.  Taylor made some rockin french toast and eggs benedict.  The kids played legos while we all hung out.
Then grandpa Bill opened presents- or rather tried to open them while my kids "helped" him open them.
So hard to keep your hands off the presents!!!
At church the primary made up blocks with each child's picture on one side and their testimony on the other.
I love that Ethan's says his testimony is of listening to your parents.  That is truly him- a child who knows what is right and wants to do it.  So cute to see that coming out!
And of course there was family dinner that night again.  A nice day spent with family and presents!  And no baby yet!  Taylor laughed when I told him I didn't want to have the baby on Mother's Day- that I wanted my own day and she could come later.  But it's true.  I only get 2 days a year when I get taken care of (and really let's admit it I still end up doing the dishes and taking care of kids those days too) so who can blame me for not wanting to share them!  Plus this baby won't want her birthday to be the same as Mother's Day someday.  She'll want her own day too.  And now for sure- she'll get it- even if they're only a week apart!

No comments: