Friday, June 25, 2010

"We want Miles"

Now that the weather is finally warming up, my boys spend A LOT of time outside. They ride scooters, skateboards, bikes, kick balls, throw balls to Oscar, hit golf balls, climb and jump off of rocks, dig in the dirt, squash bugs, and who knows what else.
The other day I walked out onto the balcony to check on them and was surprised to hear Ethan say "mom, we want Miles". Ethan is especially kind to Miles- brings him toys, tickles him, feeds him rice cereal, etc. but really what was he going to do with him outside?
At first I protested there was no place to leave Miles and I was working on things inside (Miles USED to stay on a blanket but now rolls anywhere he wants and likes to eat dirt, grass, and sticks he finds so that's not an option). When Ethan kept begging, I finally thought of Taylor's mom's playpen. So I drug it outside with a few toys and left Miles to watch the boys.
After a few minutes I came back out to check on them and THIS is what I found.
Apparently they truly did want him out there with them and if he couldn't be riding bikes, they would join him in his playpen. What sweet brothers. (love the 70's colors on the playpen by the way)

2 comments:

Nikki said...

Now that is one Retro playpen! I think I used to play in one like that. Love it.

Kristina said...

I love how much they all get along.