Friday, March 5, 2010

Love at first "lick"

If you've never tried these before you really must (for your baby I mean, I personally have tried them and they taste very bland- but perfect for a 4 month old). They're basically baby rice cereal baked into a little cracker like thing that feels like styrofoam and literally melts in their mouths. The doctor told us that since Miles is sleeping so well we should wait until he is 6 months to start him on solids. Fine with me! Much less messy! Unfortunately not so fine with Miles. He's been drooling (literally) over our food every time he sits at the table with us- even if he's just eaten and is full.
So I gave in. I won't start him on solids for a while but I couldn't resist letting him have a cracker. And he went nuts for it. The bugsy eyes even returned he was eating it so intensely. Every time he dropped it I would hold it up for him to grab and he cracked me up all through dinner with his lightning-quick grabs. He doesn't move that quickly to get anything else. But these he loves. Real-people food! Sort of.
And the only hard part is trying to unclench his little fists so he can get at the last little bits.
This is what you call FOCUS.

No comments: