Saturday, March 27, 2010

Friday Night Traditions- New and Old

For the past few years our Friday night tradition has been to make homemade pizza. I love this because it's more of a family cooking experience instead of just me in the kitchen cooking alone. Okay, I also love it because my only job is to chop up the toppings and Taylor does the rest. So kind of a night off from cooking. In DC we just grabbed whole wheat dough from Trader Joes but since Utah has none of them, Taylor has taken to making his own dough from scratch. It's delicious and he's now perfecting his "throwing" technique to stretch it out.
Last night Ethan was inspired by Taylor's kneading and rolling and decided that he and Isaac needed to join in on ALL the fun and not just the eating alone. So he dragged out the playdough and they rolled and kneaded and made their own pizzas. Looks like this may become a permanent part of our Friday nights.
I realized this morning that I didn't get a picture of any of the finished product. Guess I was too distracted eating it!

No comments: