Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Happy Grandpa-Patricks Day!

Yesterday Ethan came home from school and explained to me that he needed to wear green today or someone would pinch you. He more explained this with his hands because he didn't really have the English vocabulary to explain but I got the jist. And then he declared that this was because it was going to be "grandpa-Patricks Day". He does have a Grandpa Pat (my dad) and so I think the cute little child didn't know what a Saint was and was trying to make word associations from Spanish to English and so this makes sense in his little head. So today is (in our house at least) officially "Grandpa Patricks Day"! We're all wearing green and I even died the milk green to celebrate!
And just a few pictures to make the blog more fun. Yesterday Isaac, Miles and I ventured out to the zoo with some friends to enjoy the 60 degree weather. We got there right at 9 when it opened and all the animals were so lively it was amazing. Definitely worth the early hour to see them all jumping and playing. How cute is the baby elephant? She was climbing on balls and kicking bins around and then she'd go scratch her bum on her mother's leg. Adorable. Of course Isaac was more interested in running up and down all the stairs but I had fun watching.
Okay so I was enamored with all the baby animals. The baby giraffe just sat and stared at us.
We even tried out the carousel which at Christmas Isaac threw a fit on and screamed until he could get off. This time Alicia was smarter and let him sit on a seat that didn't go up and down and he loved it. Apparently going around in a circle is fine. Around and up and down at the same time- not so fine.
This was not posed- I swear. I walked in on him brushing his teeth. He certainly has his own sense of style.

1 comment:

Kelli and Dana said...

THE ELEPHANT IS SO CUTE!!! okay, okay, calming down. I'm obsessed with small animals (did you know this?) it makes dana roll his eyes but I love little animals. Now I want a baby elephant:) Happy Grandpa - Patrick's Day to you too!