Monday, March 15, 2010

A Big Thanks to Kristina

A great big hug...
For sending me the pattern to make these cute fabric baby shoes. I've always just bought the little stretchy shoes until they can walk and need real shoes, but since I couldn't find any that would match Miles' little tux, Kristina's pattern was a lifesaver.

Seriously- how cute are these??? The satin stripes even match a satin stripe down the pant leg.
And super easy and super cheap. It took me maybe 2 hours time total from cutting to trying them on (and that was with breaks to do laundry, feed Miles, entertain Isaac, etc) and maybe cost a total of $1 per shoe.
Even Miles looks pleased with them. Pleased enough to jump up and tap dance- if only he had the leg strength and balance. Thank goodness he doesn't!
And an even bigger hug to Kristina for giving Arty a Book of Mormon a few years ago when no one closer to him had the nerve to do it. Then all it took was a good bishop checking up on him, a good ward to fellowship him, a call to teach Elder's Quorum where he met his future brothers-in-law who were impressed enough with him to introduce him to their little sister, and of course meeting the right girl at the right time. And in 3 weeks time they'll be an eternal family and you (Kristina) will have fulfilled a dream of my husbands that I don't think he even let himself dream until a few months ago. So thank you again. We can never thank you enough!

2 comments:

Nikki said...

I love, love, love the shoes.

Kristina said...

I know a blog post isn't the best place to say all this, but thanks for being the best sister I could have (Kelli is automatically included with you of course). I actually forgot I gave Arty a Book of Mormon until I found a thank you card a few months ago that he sent me. I am so excited for you guys and hope you have the best time in Dubai. You married a great man and into such a great family. Fred and I are so happy for Arty and wish him the best!