Tuesday, July 24, 2012

More pictures thanks to the fam

One of my regrets from our reunion was how few pictures I took.  Normally there are hundreds of pictures by the end of the trip but this time I was very distracted with Isla and hosting duties.  Thankfully my fabulous sister Kelli set up a photo sharing site for the family and so I got to see (and steal) some great shots I am so glad we got.
Ethan demonstrating that he could indeed have been eaten by this dinosaur. 
 Taylor carrying Miles because this 2 1/2 year old is a holy terror and several times had to be pulled off of exhibits and away from others he was "rocking".
 Proof that I was there!
 Proof that we ate at J-Dawgs even if it isn't us in the picture.
 Proof that Isaac is a cutie pie.
 And proof that Ethan will smile and pose for ANYONE with a camera.
 Eating smores outside- I apparently totally missed this.
 They do look like they were yummy though.

 Proof that Isla wasn't nursing the whole time even though it feels that way now.
 Uncle Fred: the human jungle gym and best uncle ever.
 A much needed shot:  my dad carrying Isla around to "look" at things.  He does this with every baby so someday I'll have to blog about this favorite grandkid past time and I'll have pictures with all 4 of them being carried by my wonderful dad.
 This one is classic.  And I did witness (and try to stop) this child of mine.  Did I mention he's a holy terror?  Apparently he was thirsty.  And apparently none of the myriad of cups on the table was good enough.  But then of course his shirt gone drenched.  So it had to be removed.  But of course he was still thirsty.  So there you go.  It's Miles.  We kind of just roll our eyes wait patiently for him to turn 4.
 This picture isn't of our family but I'm so glad I found it since it reminded me of a story I neglected to include.  Apparently while I was waiting with Miles for the bungy trampolines, Taylor took Isaac and Ethan on the alpine slides.  (pictured here).  Ethan was big enough to ride by himself (just like Nathan in the picture) so Taylor rode with Isaac who wasn't big enough to go solo (just like Robert in the picture).  Taylor let Ethan go first and then he came later when the worker said it was safe to go- basically that there was enough distance between them that they shouldn't run into each other.  Unfortunately Ethan is a first child- and that means he's very black and white, right and wrong.  And following rules is very important to him.  So when there were signs on the track saying "slow down" he SLOWED DOWN.  Truthfully it's just so they can take your picture and try to sell it back to you, but Ethan was obedient- of course!  Unfortunately he slowed down so much that he stopped and so when Taylor came barreling around the curve (clearly NOT following the signs) he wasn't able to slam on the brakes fast enough to avoid colliding with Ethan.  Who was bumped severely and knocked off the track, but in the end was unhurt and fine- but felt very indignant and several times lectured Taylor about his not following the rules.  Anyway, thankfully they're all fine and now it's a funny story even if Taylor and Ethan both still insist that they are each right and the other wrong.
 Miles and cute Jessica waiting for the bungy trampolines.
 A better shot than I got of the fun slides.
 The cousins on the aerial tram riding to the top of the mountain.
 And I do mean literally the TOP of the mountain.  From here you can ski down any number of ways and end up in very different places.  Here's the one and only picture of our whole group together (except Taylor who randomly had good cell reception at the top of the mountain and was dealing with some crisis at work). 14 adults.  16 kids.  Lots of fun!

No comments: