Friday, April 27, 2012

Just waiting for something tiny and pink to arrive...

When we moved in 3 years ago, my one splurge was to paint the baby's room that Miles was going to use.  I knew he was a boy by then but was still hoping down the road we'd get a girl so I tried to go somewhat gender neutral.  And now that my dream is finally a reality I'm really happy with how the "girls" room has turned out.  I'm not sure I'd want an entirely pink room anyways.  
I fell in love with a bedding set that has pinks and reds and greens and lady bugs and dragonflies.  Very cute and soft and fuzzy (lots of that minky fabric) but not overwhelmingly pink.  So here's her room- just 2 1/2 weeks ahead of the deadline, but we made it!
Miles was my constant helper.  I find I have most of my day's energy in the morning and since the other 2 are at school, Miles is lonely and mostly follows me around and "helps".  I actually LOVE having a cute little helper as long as he's not too into things.
Mommy is measuring the walls so that's what he does too.
I love all the white trim in this room.  The rest of our house has a lot of dark wood and black/brown frames. It's nice to have white as a bright accent.
Taylor got me this sign the first year we were married.  Oops I don't remember for which holiday.  I've never really hung it up but suddenly it fits perfectly here with it's original red frame and girly writing.
So the bedding set I found dirt cheap on ebay but of course it was in need of some adjusting- like for starters the one window is WAY too long.  I also wanted to add more red to the pattern so I cut all the pieces apart, added red fabric and sewed it all back together.  A LOT of work, but worth it because it adds more of the color I wanted.  The long, red part isn't closed except at night but I couldn't get a good picture with the sun blaring through.
I also ended up adding a strip of red to the crib skirt since I like hiding baby equipment under the crib while she can't climb out yet and the mattress is up higher.  I only added it to 2 sides so when we do lower the mattress I'll just swing this long side to the back and I'll have the right shorter length ready to go!
With Miles, I basically got the room painted and then he was born and we've just been living with bare walls.  It was nice to take the time to really decorate more in the room- and to make it more functional with shelves/storage.
I have learned it is wise to put the creams and powders up high.  Taylor's mom gives me a beanie baby when each baby is going to be born.  So far I have 2 pinks and 3 blues!  That one on the left is actually Ethan's pink bear!  Too cute not to keep though.
And the Olivia pig is also a leftover from Ethan.  I got it from someone at my first pink shower 7 years ago and since we were going to name Ethan Olivia, it just kind of got saved somehow.  Plus it's cute and Miles is currently "in love" with it.  He takes off it's "neck-is" and then carries the "piggy" around like a baby.  The red flowers are just red napkins folded up and opened.  So easy, but a nice red accent.
And this has got to be one of my favorite parts of the room.  I have NEVER hung the boy's clothes up.  They're just not that cute.  But baby girl dresses?  So adorable.  I can't resist!
Is someone ready for her first wedding?  Taylor's sister is getting married 9 days after my due date and someone gave me this amazing dress at my shower.  Add a headband and she's ready- except that at 9 days she'll be swimming in it.  Oh well.  Too cute to NOT put her in!
I found this when I was going through all the pink clothes I saved.  This is the outfit I was planning to bring Ethan home from the hospital in.  Still with tags!  And even funnier- the tag even says "SPR '05".  Yep, that little piece of pink cuteness has been waiting 7 years to be put on a baby.
And soon it will be!  We're ready to go.  Hospital bags are packed.  Isaac prayed this morning that the baby would come today.  Can I get a collective worldwide AMEN on that one?!?

No comments: