Sunday, April 8, 2012

Easter Ties

And what Easter would be complete with out new church outfits? Sadly I couldn't even bring myself to shop for boys clothes (they're just not that cute compared to all the cute girly spring dresses!!!) but I did find a tutorial on Pinterest for how to make 20 minute ties for little boys. So 1 hour later (sewing not shopping) and 1/4 yard of each kind of fabric later I had 3 cute, very excited boys.
Here they are post-Easter basket, coming down off their sugar highs, watching a little Veggie Tales Easter show while mom and dad get ready for church. I love that even with a monster couch to spread out on, they all end up next to each other. So adorable!
Apparently I don't put them in ties often enough because they were STOKED to have ties. They kept curling them up and down and Miles kept saying "I go da work with dad?". Apparently tie means work to him. And he's happy to take a picture as long as you let him collect random golf balls from grandpa's yard first.
Here's the ties. They cost about $1 each in fabric and a little elastic and were really 20 minutes apiece to make. So easy. Just print the pattern, add on some length for older boys, sew, iron, fold the top, add elastic, measure on each child and you're done! I will definitely be making more ties in the future!

No comments: