Saturday, April 7, 2012

The Easiest Egg Hunt Ever

The end of spring break required no planning on my part to entertain these boys. Saturday morning there were literally 4 different local egg hunts I thought we might hit up. Last year we went to just one and it was a little crazy- a free for all where they blew the whistle and if you didn't get eggs or candy in the first 15 seconds, then you got none. So I was thinking maybe we'd need to try a few of the 4 local ones to make everyone in our group happy. But I was wrong. The earliest one to start was at our local grocery store with free breakfast and free cookie decorating so how can you pass that up?
Once we were stuffed on doughnuts and juice and cookies we headed off to the isles by ages and found this. Seriously? Candy just dumped on the floor with some eggs mixed in. Does it look like Isaac is disappointed though???
And it was perfect for Miles. I guess I was thinking they'd stick eggs on the shelves and it would be an actual "hunt" but that would be more work for them to restock since I'm sure things would get knocked off. So in the end my kids made out like bandits. There were seriously so few kids there- like 4-5 per age group that nobody actually picked it all up.
See? A ridiculous amount of candy! Not that these boys would agree with that.
And the part that I was most excited about??? The plastic eggs mixed into the candy had coupons for FREE products on them- puddings, fruit snacks, soda, popcorn. So not only do we have candy that will last until Halloween (sheesh!) we also are getting almost 15 dollars in free groceries. Fun!
And since I hadn't told the kids we might go to more than one hunt, Taylor and I decided we didn't need to. Easy peasy- done by 9am! And the kids were hopped up on sugar and happy to play together the rest of the morning!

No comments: