Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Spring Soccer

Soccer games are so common these days that I rarely pull out my camera to capture shots.  But when it's been DUMPING... literally DUMPING rain for the past 2 hours and your 9-year-olds game has STILL not been cancelled and I can literally see the raindrops in my camera, well... it's time to pull out the camera.
So did the rain stop?  Let up?  Slow down?  Nope, not a bit.  And did we cancel the game?  Absolutely not.  In fact Ethan's coach told me "if the kids in Seattle can play in the rain then so can we".  What??? Does it dump rain like this in Seattle that often?
So on they played.  Ethan is that white shirt with the black long sleeve underneath.  And was there at least the bright spot of it being warm?  Of course not- 45 degrees, 1 full hour of soccer, and absolutely sopping wet, blue-lipped Ethan who can barely stutter out 2 words.  At least the soccer field was right next to the parking lot so Isla and I got to watch from a dry, warm car.
PS- Isaac and Miles' games got cancelled because really who wants to see 5 and 7 year old crying.

No comments: