Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Isla

It is SO fun to have a girl and also one with this much personality.
Currently she is obsessed with Doc McStuffins and gives checkups constantly throughout the day.  We were headed to one of Taylor's water polo games and she begged to be able to bring her doctor kit so I let her.  And what did she spend the 2 hours doing?  Giving every one she could find a checkup.
My favorite part is that she will check you out and then say "I have a diagnosis!"  Then she'll say something like "you have ouchee-itis" or "scratchy-itis" or something with an itis.  And then she'll pull out her little notebook and write it down in her little chicken scratch.  She calls it her "big book a boo-boos" which is just adorable.

She's also still in love with the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and has picked up the Donald Duck dance which apparently includes turning your bum up to someone and says wiggle, wiggle, wiggle.  But when Isla says it, it comes out as "widdew, widdew, widdew".

Almost every morning Taylor gets up to swim at 6am and when he gets back he makes himself a vegi/fruit smoothee.  Occasionally only he and Isla are awake and he lets her push the blender buttons and then share some of the "yucky" smoothee.
I love this little girl's snuggles and when she's tired she's smart enough to snuggle in and fall right to sleep.
We are potty training!  Eek!
So much fun to dress up when friends come to play.
And when we're by ourselves.

We brought this sweater home with us from Bulgaria and I think it is so hilarious on her.  My little elf.



When the local middle school sponsors a princess tea, we're in!
Don't judge me.  I know I'm not supposed to take pictures in Sacrament meeting, but this cracked me up.  One Sunday Isla got in our toy bag and pulled out a pen and pad and came up to each of us one by one and asked "what u want?"  It took me a while to figure it out and truthfully the boys got it first.  She was pretending to be a waitress and wanted to take our order.  After we replied "a banana" or whatever she'd say otay and write it down and then move to the next person.  She's done it for several weeks and it's just the cutest thing.

My least favorite of her new tricks is when she says "I can't hear you".

And it's just so sad when the little one is sick but there's friends over to play and she wants so badly to stay with them.

Sunday walks with Daddy are the best especially when there's blossoms to collect.
Every night at 7:30 we say our family prayer and then the kids get to read in their beds for a half hour.  It's so cute when I come in to turn off the lights and find her reading to her babies.
Sometimes the music the big brothers are playing at piano lessons is just too enticing and she has to get up and dance.
Silly girl!

No comments: