Tuesday, April 29, 2014

2014 Raingutter Regatta

The pinewood derby was fun last year but I'm pretty sure most dads were excited when Taylor announced we'd be doing a raingutter regatta instead and there was no wood cutting involved.  In fact building and decorating their boats took most boys less than 20 minutes.  
Blowing up the water channels unfortunately took much longer than that.  Good thing Taylors full of a lot of hot air :)
While we were waiting for everyone to arrive the boys got to practice their blowing technique.

And there's all the boats.  One of the boys announced to his father that he didn't think he could be friends anymore with the boy that made the BYU boat.  Ugh.
We setup a viewing area for the parents on the stage and then Taylor made all the boys sit on the edge until it was their turn to race.
Taylor ran them through heats until there was a real winner.  Unfortunately I had to run to a Relief Society meeting so I missed most of the fun but I hear it all went great.
I did wait for Ethan's first race so I could get a shot of him blowing.


And for an easy treat I made shark and fishy cupcakes.  
About the easiest cupcakes on the planet- blue frosting, swedish fish, and fondant shark fins.


No comments: