Thursday, December 19, 2013

Isaac's Birthday at School

Isaac's Kindergarten teacher is a dream.  I love her!  She is the perfect Kindergarten teacher- patient, loving, firm....  We just love her. 
And I love the way she does birthdays.  Instead of just letting me send in a treat, she invites the family to come in to.  Then she introduces the class to us which I wouldn't think was a big deal but Ethan and Isaac have both just eaten this up.  I hadn't realized their families are such a big part of their lives that they'd relish the chance to show off younger siblings.  
And then Isaac got to sit in the teacher's special rocking chair and call on students who raised their hands.  And then his classmates got to say nice things about Isaac.  Very cute and really, that's the best birthday present for a 6 year old- to hear and know that others like you.
And then we got to share treats.  Isaac wanted to bring Ice Cream Sandwiches since that's his teacher's favorite treat.  I love this thoughtful little boy!

No comments: