Friday, December 6, 2013

Festival of Trees

Taylor remembers fondly every year going with his family to the Festival of Trees.  This is a yearly fundraiser for the local Children's Hospital where people decorate and donate trees and then others bid and buy them.  They raise a TON of money- most trees were sold for over $1000 and there were easily over 1000 trees plus wreaths and gingerbread houses and more.  
The designs were amazing to see and definitely put my kids in the true holiday spirit "I want that" "NO, I want that" "Oh that is SO cool" "Can I have that for Christmas?"  Yep, kind of drove me crazy after the first row but what can you say besides- stop and maybe talk a little more about why this whole thing is happening.  Someday they'll get it.
Still fun to drool in the mean time and give back just a little to a good cause.

No comments: