Sunday, May 19, 2013

Our little ladybug needs another cake

I made Isla the pink rose cake mainly because it was so simple and easy to frost and would be the perfect cake for smashing and getting messy pictures.  But really I've been dieing for years to make a girly birthday cake.  I took several cake classes and I've never been able to make flowers and put them on a cake.  Imagine that- my boys wouldn't consent to flowers on their dragon and ninja cakes!
Isla is our little ladybug and her room is decorated that way so I scoured Pinterest for ideas and spent the afternoon making it.  It turned out cute but maybe a little too covered in details.
Isla got frog glasses from Gram which she was happy to wear as long as we were smiling at her.  And then they came off.
Is it crazy that all these little people belong to me?  Quite bizarre but totally wonderful.

This is about as good as family pictures get these days but I'll take it.
Miles decided to "check out" the fondant about 3 minutes after I finished making it and before I got any pictures.  Love him!
Isla didn't mind.  She enjoyed every bite.



No comments: