Wednesday, June 1, 2011

A Tale of a Birdie

Most nights when Taylor gets home from work, his "welcoming committee" is ready and waiting to say hi, jump on him, and generally bombard him with hugs and requests for his attention. I think this is one of his favorite times of the day. So Wednesday when we pulled up in his car and heard the kids out back, he went and met them there, got his heroes welcome, and then came inside to change. I had been making dinner and during a lull, followed him back into our bedroom while he changed out of his work clothes. We were chatting there when Ethan came walking in with his hands held out and triumphantly exclaimed "hey guys, we found a bird!"

Now normally, this is when I'd bolt for my camera (this may be the only blog you ever read from me that doesn't have a picture) and I'm not ashamed to admit I often take a picture before helping a child out of a sticky situation.

But a child arriving INSIDE your bedroom and exclaiming that he FOUND a bird... is not one of those times. Taylor yelled for him to drop it, to which Ethan replied "why? are you going to kill it again?" After a few more seconds of us freaking out for him to drop it, he finally did and I rushed all 3 boys off for some good thorough hand washing while Taylor did the dirty work. We had a good laugh about it all afterwards and were very surprised that the same child who wouldn't touch a worm in the garden 3 days earlier would pick up a dead bird in the yard.

1 comment:

Kristina said...

Gross... maybe it's okay that we don't have a backyard yet!