Saturday, June 11, 2011

Ogden's Treehouse Museum

Taylor has had some pretty long and stressful days at work lately with his Uncle and CEO of the company leaving as a mission president soon, so I've been trying to find ways to get out of his hair and make him feel like we're happy to have him find some peace and quiet at the golf course or just not feel guilty about catching up on a few hours of work some Saturdays.
Normally this would mean me racking my brain to find ways to leave the house and entertain my kids, but then I found out that Weber county has free activities every Saturday all summer long. It's only 30-45 minutes north of us and we've never been to most of the places so each Saturday we're planning to go on a little day trip with just me and the boys.
So today was our first trip up to Ogden to visit their children's museum. And it was fabulous! If not a bit overcrowded.
Horse riding!

Writing on chalk boards in a one-room school house.

Ethan is LOVING being the teacher!

Playing life-size chess (okay so my boys just kicked them over).

Building on the light table.

Playing with knights and dragons and castles. This museum was great. There was literally so much to do and lots of pieces to every activity that it wasn't hard for the kids to share. Great place!

Building an arch.

And climbing the treehouse. You can't name it the Treehouse museum if you don't have an actual treehouse.

Unfortunately Miles wasn't tall enough to climb up the tree but lucky for me he was just as entertained walking up and over and up and over and up and over this bridge so I could still watch him and the other 2 boys in the tree at the same time.

It was a great way to spend a Saturday afternoon and we can't wait for next week!

No comments: