Wednesday, November 24, 2010

A Miles Update

Miles is officially on the move. He's been crawling for months now, but just a few weeks ago decided that standing on his own was a fun thing. Of course the little stinker only has one sock and shoe on because he's a compulsive shoe/sock taker-offer. He can even get the Robees shoes off that mother other two never could figure out. And of course it's winter so this drives me crazy, but he does it so oh well.
I don't particularly love the shoe removing but I LOVE that he's a blanky boy. Neither Ethan or Isaac even carted blankets around. Ethan attached himself to a stuffed monkey. Isaac attached himself to 8 or 10 binkies (he's still attached too). And Miles has chosen blankets. Not any one in particular yet although I'm sure that will come, but for now he just loves blankets. He holds onto one every morning when I get him out of his crib and then carries it around with him all morning. He'd rather have a blanket to snuggle than a toy to play with at church. It's absolutely adorable.
He's also laid at least a little claim on his birthday present. He's smart enough to not try to take it outright from Isaac (who thinks it's his own and is willing to defend that claim with force- yes I know, lovely, he's 2 what can I say?) so instead he likes to push Isaac around on the little car. Yep you got that right- Miles enjoys pushing Isaac around. I know. I know. There's something slightly wrong with a barely 1 year old pushing the almost 3 year old but what can I say- Isaac steers and Miles pushes and they seem to get along great.
See they're both pretty happy so there's no way I'm getting in the middle of it.
Still attached to his blanket even if he's got a bottle and pancakes.
And since pictures never quite capture the moment here are a few videos for you. Miles' first few attempts at walking. It's taken me almost a month to do this post so now he's fully walking and is getting fast- still wobbly and falls a lot but fast.
And the second is Miles shaking his booty. It cracks me up. Every time I turn on music on the computer (pandora mostly) he pushes the chair out of the way so he can hang on the desk and do this little bum shake. It's even funnier if he's not holding on to something but I haven't caught that on film yet. Hilarious!






No comments: