Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Fall Festival at Wheeler Farm

One of my favorite things in DC each fall were the festivals at the farms. Sure they cost a bit to get into, but then it was like Disneyland with rides and music and slides and animals and pumpkins. Sadly, Utah has nothing like this. But I think Wheeler Farm was good enough for my boys especially since they don't know what they're missing. Have you heard of these online group deals? Groupon and such? Well there was a half-off sale for this festival so I snatched up enough for us and some friends to go along and off we went on the last warm day before all the rain and snow.
The boys LOVED climbing on all the old farm equipment. We could have stayed for hours.

After that we went on a hay ride through the woods. I'm sure it would be more scary at night (we could kind of see hiding places/lights/scary things) but my boys wouldn't have liked that. Then we visited some animals and then went through a corn maze. I definitely underestimated how enthralled Ethan and Isaac would be. They wanted to do it over and over again and were so proud of themselves for finding their way out. Henry doesn't seem thrilled in this picture but he enjoyed the maze too (it was just his nap time poor guy).
And at the end we each got to pick pumpkins. A fun afternoon and even better with friends.

No comments: