Wednesday, November 24, 2010

At BYU with my boys

One of the perks of Taylor's work is that because the company and his family members financially support several universities in the area, they also have tickets to all the games. We love taking our boys and usually it works out so we can pick the games we'd like and his other family members do the same and it all seems to work out that someone uses the tickets and everyone is happy. At least it did work out that way until Utah got ranked 5th and was playing TCU ranked 3rd at it was being played at home, oh and did I mention College Game Day was coming to show the whole thing live to the nation. Yeah so I bit of excitement ensued and EVERYONE in Taylor's family decided that they wanted to go to the Utah/TCU game and not the BYU game that was playing almost at the same time. I mean literally NO ONE wanted the BYU tickets. NO ONE. So Taylor's boss's secretary walked into his office Friday at 3pm and handed him all 12 tickets since I had said I'd go to the BYU game. Of course I didn't have 12 people to take so they ended up giving some tickets to business partners in Provo and I got to take along our good friends Zach and Alicia and we even had enough seats for their 2 year old Henry and Miles.
The game was fun to watch and the kids enjoyed gourging themselves and playing in the room. Ethan and Henry watched most of the first half and even learned the last part of the BYU fight song.
And then Ethan started in with my camera. Which was nice because then I got a picture of me and Miles.
And a lovely close up shot of popcorn on a chair.
And an interesting self portrait by Ethan.
And then I took the camera back. Isaac joined Taylor and everyone else at the Utah/TCU game where they got totally anhilated sadly. But the BYU game was great- a shut out in fact and lots of fun to watch and hang out with our friends.
Of course it didn't start until noon anyways and Miles usually gets both a morning and afternoon nap so by the 3rd quarter he was starting to look and sound a little annoyed.
Love this closeup of Henry taken by Ethan.
Ethan apparently got ahold of the camera again but I can't complain since I was having so much fun chating with the Derr's.
And then 4th quarter came and Miles was definitely feeling very unhappy.
And Henry was very subtly requesting a nap too...
So we headed back home. But we had a great time. Taylor- not so much. And I'll gladly take BYU tickets anytime the rest of his family decides that Utah is the better team to watch. Go Cougars!

No comments: