Wednesday, August 18, 2010

You want it... they got it.

Monday we were planning to stay in Raleigh/Durham while Jeff and Jessica went to visit professors at Duke. Since I didn't think my children wanted to join in on that, I found a place that had it all and would please everyone. It had a children's museum part, a petting zoo/farm, a butterfly house with bug exhibits, a zoo, a boating area, a dinosaur walk with digging area, train rides, water toys, playgrounds, etc, etc, etc. And I do mean lots of etcetera. There was even an indoor sound room where the floor reacted to your feet as you moved. I was too busy playing with that room to get a picture of us in there.
The butterfly house was huge and there were amazing butterflies.
Ethan loved the butterfly guides so he could figure out which kind was which.
Then we moved on to the dinosaur dig.
And the dinosaurs. My boys love going to the dinosaur park in Ogden which is very similar to this. I don't mind going either but I have to say this one was MUCH more entertaining with Taylor and Fred making comments in the background. Upon finding a water spicket painted yellow in the woods "oh look, it's a spicket-saurus". Upon finding the Alamosaurus "remember me, remember the Alamosaurus." They went on and on.
After the dinosaurs we stumbled upon the outdoor drum equipment. Miles went to town!
Okay, ALL the boys went to town!
After all that we decided we'd had enough of the heat and humidity and headed indoors. Miles was giddy over the baby play area with all the noise makers.
Isaac loved the ball pipes.
Miles was just so excited to be able to crawl and get whatever toy he wanted.
Isaac was Mr. Block boy. He seriously went from one block activity to another- and only moved to a new one when I insisted we move on.
Of course Taylor stopped at the first set of blocks he found and never did leave them. So you see where Isaac gets the obsession from. Looks like we might be getting blocks for Christmas!

No comments: