Thursday, August 26, 2010

Reception in Duchesne

My wonderful mother has handmade all the food for each of our receptions so when Jeff asked her to do his (even though it was in Utah) she happily agreed. But poor woman has had a crazy summer too. Luckily she has her 2 best friends that are more like sisters who volunteered to run the kitchen and help with everything and fly out from Chicago too. And aren't they cute with their matching aprons? It was so fun to watch these Marcia and Jean and my mom on Thursday while they took over my house, made plans, chopped everything up and got everything ready. They chatted and gossiped the whole time. It was fun to see them all together.
Because of their hard work and my mom's excellent planning and food skills (and lots of others helping out) the reception turned out beautifully and the food was to die for- literally if you ate this every day it would kill you off pretty quickly.
Chocolate Dripped Mint Oreo Truffles
Hand Dipped Strawberries
Pecan Tassies with perfectly flaky crust
Okay so you can tell what I ate more of. They also made chicken croissants, meatballs, fruit trays, vegi trays, cowboy caviar and I few other things I can't remember.
Since my boys are hard to contain, I wasn't much help with the food so I made up these food tags. It was fun to figure out a little more photoshop.
The wedding cake was beautiful.
Here are my boys before the reception started trying hard to resist grabbing food off the table. They did a pretty poor job of resisting but who can blame them when the food is so good.
All the siblings that night.
I'm not sure if there was a plan for music or not, but there was this beautiful baby grand there and after a few requests from people Taylor gladly stepped up and showed off his fine skills.
And my last contribution was Jeff and Jessica's guest book. Taylor and I went to a wedding a few weeks ago and instead of just a plane book for you to sign your name, the couple had made up a book entirely of their engagement photos. When I saw how cute Jeff and Jessica's pictures were, I couldn't resist making them one- and 60% off at Winkflash didn't hurt either.
Of course even with food that good, my boys couldn't be contained for long and went outside to catch bugs and have races on the ramps.
And climb a bizarrely painted rock.
We were happy to get to enjoy the reception and not have to stand in a line.
And we were happy that Miles was so engrossed with the food that he didn't mind being left alone in his high chair for over 2 hours.
What? I'm missing the party?
This food totally rocks!
Just some of the craziness going on in the kitchen.
Most of my siblings left most of their kids behind since it was just a quick weekend trip and since we'd just seen everyone 2 weeks before at the reunion. Two of the youngest got to come though- Evan and Joseph.
Can you believe how grown up this kid is? And starting Kindergarten next week!
It was really cute to see my grandparents with my kids. I wish we lived closer so they could get to know each other better. This is my dad's dad.
And behind Miles are my dad's mom, and then both my mom's parents. We feel very fortunate to have all 4 of them still with us and relatively healthy. And they're a riot to be around.
Since these 2 were getting married the next day and wouldn't have time to dry clean their clothes if cake got smeared on them, the idea was suggested that they borrow Marcia and Jean's matching aprons. And even though Jeff turned beet red, he complied and they looked adorable.

1 comment:

Jacqueline Auna and family said...

Oh - the food looks to beautiful too eat. Your mom is so talented. No wonder where you got it from! I love that winkflash book (great job!) -- I still think of you when I look at mine. Ethan is so grown-up. Miss you guys!