Monday, April 26, 2010

Miles the Roller

So this is Miles' new trick. He rolls from his back to his tummy. Last week he mastered rolling from his tummy to his back and did that anytime I tried to impose "tummy time" on him. Strangely, somehow he has now forgotten that he has that skill. So anytime he rolls over onto his belly he thinks he's stuck. He'll hold his head up (and feet too) and play for a while and then he gets tired and puts his face into the floor and wails. It's the only time he ever wails too so it sounds pretty pathetic. And since he so rarely cries I'm a sucker and can't help coming to his rescue. So I end up flipping him onto his back a lot these days.
Last night this process repeated itself over and over again. Miles sees a toy he wants- flips himself onto his belly, gets tired and cries, mom flips him back. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. I was trying to do dishes and make cookies and clean up so finally I had the bright idea to put him in his Bumbo seat on the counter next to me while I finished the dishes.
Apparently all the bright colored, plastic toys I gave him are not nearly as desirable as paper towels. Good thing he can't crawl yet- my toilet paper rolls would be in trouble. This child loves to pull and pull and pull. He sure does have an innocent face up above though.

1 comment:

Kristina said...

Is it just me or does he look way different than he did just a few weeks ago? He looks like a Woodbury or more specifically like his Dad. Evan unrolls the toilet paper in our house all the time. We finally took it off the roll and set it high on a shelf.