Thursday, April 15, 2010

Lately...

... not a lot has been going on. There's been lots of laundry and lots of spring cleaning which worked out perfectly since I have a hard time unpacking into clutter. So I might as well spring clean and unpack at the same time.
We did go to the aquarium and the children's museum and Ethan's back at school now.
Miles is so close to rolling over, he just doesn't think it's that important and prefers to move on his back. It get him where the wants though. Yesterday I left him in the middle of the floor with toys and turned around to find him 3 feet away, next to the couch where Ethan and Isaac were playing. He'd noticed them launching cars off the slide and decided it was better over with them. So he joined the fun and got to "eat" on all the cars left in the landing zone.

Two funny stories I have to record for later.
Ethan normally doesn't need a nap but Tuesday he woke up really crabby so I made him take one after school. When he got up (and was in a much better mood) he announced to me that "I can't take a nap tomorrow too or else I'll lose my super powers. That's what happens if you take a nap two days in a row. And I don't want to lose my super powers so I can't take another nap."

Since Miles is almost 6 months old I'm finally getting around to giving him rice cereal. The first time I did, he kept making faces because of the texture. He'd had crackers and rice cakes before so I knew it wasn't the bland flavor. Isaac was eating his lunch at the same table and noticing Miles' expression declared in a very loud and insistent voice "Milo no like it. Milo no like it!" No amount of explaing on my part would sway his opinion and he was very upset that I kept feeding Miles. It's nice to see he's concerned for his brother though.

2 comments:

Nikki said...

Ruby loved the rice cereal, but hated the carrots and peas I tried to feed her. She was literally gagging. My question for you is where oh where did you get those rice crackers?

Jacqueline Auna and family said...

Love your Ethan! What a great quote. It's so curious the way our kids' brains connect things and all the fun things that come out of their mouths... Love and miss you guys.