Tuesday, October 27, 2009

It's Official...Esquire

Well it's finally official. Taylor was sworn in last week as a member of the Utah BAR. Miles was only 7 days old and so I didn't want to take him into a crowded room. Luckily my mom was still here so I left her with all three boys (who wouldn't have enjoyed listening to State Supreme Court Judges drone on) and we had a nice afternoon just me and Taylor and his parents.
That's about as good as our view got. They had all the new BAR members sit in front together and we had no idea where Taylor was so this is just a random picture of the whole group.
I wish I could say, whew... it's finally all over, BUT apparently the Utah Supreme Court has been complaining for years that the new lawyers need more training (read into that statement- the new lawyers drive us crazy) so they've instituted a brand-new-this-year (Taylor's overjoyed to be a guinea pig) training/mentoring program. So he gets paired with a "seasoned" lawyer who can mentor him. Tragically that mentoring has to include several written assignments. So he's really not done even after 4 years of grad school and passing the BAR. And he's not even practicing law- he's doing accounting and administrative tasks almost 100% of the time. Poor guy!

1 comment:

Tiana said...

Congrats Taylor!! Too bad it's not really done. Hopefully having a mentor will be beneficial, however. I can't believe you guys have snow already. Okay, I can. We had low 70's yesterday. Do you miss DC yet?