Friday, October 2, 2009

Baby Update

For all of you who are dieing to know but too nice to call and ask (cause trust me I'm getting enough of that from neighbors and cash register people :)) there's no news happening. No news is supposed to be good news right? I'm still trying to convince myself. Ethan and Isaac were each 1 day early but all of my mom's kids were born late: Dave-6 days, me- 9 days, Jim-12days, Kristina- a whopping 21days, Kelli-9, and Jeff-6. She keeps trying to convince me that it's good to wait and let the baby decide when to come. I'm just trying to decide if Castor oil is as nasty as they say.
So I'm 3 days overdue now and we're in perpetual waiting mode. If you ask me, I've paid my dues with this pregnancy (5 cross-country flights, one long drive and move across country, moving into and unpacking almost by myself, surviving the BAR, and taking care of 2 kids and a husband) and the house is fully ready for a new baby. So this waiting game to me means lots of reading time on a couch. I mean seriously, when you're 9 months pregnant even sitting or laying isn't that comfortable but what else can you be expected to do. If you ask Taylor, this waiting game should include lots of walks and spicy food and other things supposed to help induce labor. I've been told twice today to stop what I'm doing and go shopping at a mall. Seriously, once this morning and once this afternoon. Is he crazy? Does he really want me to spend money. He's pretty safe though since I know EXACTLY how many baby clothes we have- too many boys at least- and there's no way I'm stepping foot in a dressing room at this point. You see how well I'm listening to him, I'm blogging instead of walking.
The official word as of my Dr. appointment yesterday is that I can be induced next Wednesday if the baby hasn't come yet. Wohoo! 10 days over! I've informed Taylor that we will be giving this child a bad "slow" nickname if he takes that long to come. Any suggestions??? Slowsky and Turtle are the current names up for discussion. Of course maybe we should rethink this as our last nicknamed child is still holding true. Isaac is still literally a "squeaker" and we're hoping he turns into a "talker" soon. And of course we're hoping Ethan never turns into a "boozer". Maybe we should just skip the nicknames altogether. A slow child might drive me crazy.

So here's an update on the babies room minus a baby for now. After Jessica and I painted the walls, we nailed up one chair railing because that's what the online tutorial as well as the Home Depot guys suggested. Turns out you can GLUE it instead. And it really stays. We got one railing up and then were afraid to use the scroll saw to cut the little pieces we needed since they have to be cut at a 45 degree angle and that means tilting the machine tray. Taylor was overjoyed that we left this job for him. Can you tell? He didn't even change out of his work clothes before attempting this crazy cut. Thankfully no fingers were lost and he had a blast. This next picture was taken the Saturday after he finished the BAR. He didn't even bother to get breakfast he was so excited to do something other than study. Poor guy he had to nail all those little nails in farther so we could paint over them and then we discovered the glue that afternoon. It was cute to see the boys so excited to have him around even if they were just sitting on his lap.
And here's kind of the finished product. We still have pictures and shelves to hang but it's ready for a baby. This was my second attempt at making curtains and it was fun but I'll probably buy ones in the future.
The crib skirt was also a project. Luckily neutral enough that I'll use it for the next child and then never need one again!
There are 2 of these mobiles in the room. I actually made them in DC for Ethan when he was a baby. Super easy since Michaels has all the animal shapes that I just painted and hung with fishing string. Isaac is in love with these and I find him laying on the floor looking at them all the time.
Sorry for the boring pictures. Hopefully soon we'll have an announcement and much better pictures to share.

2 comments:

Nikki said...

My sister says that if you mix castor oil with a chocolate milkshake you can't even taste it. No walking involved.:)

Tiana said...

Hang in there chica. I was 5 days late with Ellie, and I did LOTS of walking and ate SPICY food and drank black rasberry tea. I don't think it helped. Ellie didn't want to come til she was ready, and she has been the same stubborn ever since. Good luck with that! Hang in there! This time around, I am going to try really hard to just not expect the baby to come ever. :)

I love the baby's room. How fun to finally have a room that you can decorate and do things too!! I envy you that.