Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Special Cupcakes for the Big Game

The LDS law society at GW decided to rent out a sports bar for the Utah v. BYU game this past weekend. It really was a great event considering both the turnout (we had just over 40 BYU and Utah fans) and the outcome of the game. Sarah was especially supportive of our differences in perspective dressing our children in both red and blue clothing.

There were two true highlights of the evening from my perspective. The first came when I attempted to give Ethan Blue tortilla chips on his plate. He looked at me and said, "I don't want blue Dad, I want red!" I'm so proud, I've already won the heart and mind of one of my children.



The second were our cupcakes. Sarah got a really nifty book, if I do say so myself, on how to design cupcakes. Hopefully many of you will be the benefactors of cleverly designed cupcakes in the future. In honor of the game, Sarah designed special cupcakes to mark the occasion. I contributed the BYU and Utah helmets to the creation. Believe it or not, everything was edible. The goal posts were chocolate dipped pretzels, the grass and lines were frosting, the helmets were Dots dipped in frosting. It really was a lot of fun.



I gained some degree of respect for the "Ace of Cakes" folks as I attempted to balance the cupcakes on the drive to the sports bar. We sort of one-upped them in fact, because we managed to get 27 cupcakes, arranged in a sculpture, to our destination still in one piece. Anyone can transport a solid cake, I mean c'mon.

3 comments:

Jacqueline Auna and family said...

That is really impressive!!

MamaLove said...

great job Sarah!!! happy holidays!

Pavel said...

That's so awesome!! Fabulous cupcakes!! Go Utes!!!