Thursday, November 13, 2008

Chillin' with Mrs. Gilbert Arenas, her kids, and her BLING!

The Jazz were in town last night playing the Wizards, but I wasn't really planning on going to the game. A friend of mine called on Monday to tell me that he could get me tickets. I'd already planned to go out to dinner with a friend for his 40th birthday, so I told him I couldn't unless he could get me 8 tickets so that I could redirect the birthday party from the restaurant to the Verizon Center. Amazingly, the 8 tickets came through and we showed up at will call to pick them up. To our surprise, we were sitting lower bowl, about 6 rows from the court, with all the player's wives. A friend of mine from India, who watched his first B-ball game, was especially shocked to see the sticker price of the tickets - $235.

The Jazz ended up losing in the last 2 minutes after what was a pretty exciting game.

The eye opening event of the evening was observing the player's wives.



They all had babysitters that were busying watching their kids while they watched the game and chatted with each other. The other thing they had in common were enormous, seemingly very expensive diamond rings on their hands. Gilbert Arenas's wife was sitting right in front of us with her two kids. She was sporting at least a 3 carat diamond mounted on a gaudy white gold setting. Even her little 4 year old daughter had diamond earrings. Quite a sight to be sure.

Periodically, Gilbert Arenas would make little peace signs up at his son who would make them back. I hope he didn't think it was weird that I was making peace signs back at him as well. No one else knew that he wasn't actually making them to me?

No comments: