Monday, May 26, 2014

Foot Golf and Touring the Hotel

Woops, apparently I took some pictures with my camera and some with my phone and so didn't realize I'd lost some gems.  
Three little boys ready to "tee" off.
And one little girl kicking the ball, just trying to keep up with her fun older brothers.
Even Grams got in on the fun.




Isla lasted through the first hole and a half and then decided that the shaded golf cart was a much better place to hang out.  She literally didn't get off the seat again the whole 9 holes but she was happy the whole time just watching and trying to drive on her own.
After our foot golf and chess, I left the boys in the hotel room watching cartoons while Isla and I went out to explore the ornate gardens around the hotel.  We'd seen them on our drives in and out and I couldn't pass up the opportunity to take cute pics of this little cutie.
This apparently used to be a hopping place for the wealthy and now it's just great for weddings and pictures.

Completed of course by the tiny old cemetery on the hill.

Wish we could have stayed longer in such a lovely place.
All decorated for Memorial day.
And maybe someday I'll have kids willing to just relax on a rocking chair overlooking the manicured lawn.  Yeah right.
On our drive out we nearly killed a box turtle who was crossing the road.
I made Taylor slam on his brakes and turn around to save him of course, and maybe to let our kids see him too.

No comments: