Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Ethan's Dance Informance

One of my major complaints about Ethan's new school is the lack of a full-time music or art teacher. When he first started I just kept thinking how sad it was that he'd be missing out on those 2 things. At the same time I kept scratching my head because he does get PE and Dance- separately. Seriously? I get that there's an obesidy epidemic in the US but really, he needs both PE and Dance, instead of music or art? So I was skeptical. Turns out that the school PTA funds the PE teacher and the Dance classes are actually all volunteer taught by a local dance studio. How nice of them is that?
So this week Ethan had a Dance Informance (performance that's informal? I don't get it). Anyways I went along with my mom who was in town and Miles to see what it was all about. And it was FABULOUS!
Does that kid look happy or what? So Ethan has dance every Tuesday morning and he is literally dancing and jumping and moving for 45 minutes straight. And they do it in a way that he's easily learning all these dance and music technical terms but having fun. Also, they incorporated literature as they danced out one of the classes favorite story books.


So I've been proven wrong. I LOVE this dance program. And if he wasn't already busy with soccer and art and life in general as a 6 year old, I'd probably send him to their program. Maybe this summer!





No comments: