Saturday, October 8, 2011

A Daddy Day

It's nice to live in Utah because lots of my younger cousins end up at BYU or the U and then I'm around for some of their weddings. My mom flew in earlier this week to help her sisters prepare for the wedding reception and events. I went along to help out a few times with making chicken salad, caramel apples, etc.
And on Saturday I got to leave my boys with Taylor and spend the day with all the family at the wedding and the reception. So fun!
Cute Callin and her new hubby!
We missed my grandparent's 60th wedding anniversary the previous month so my Aunt surprised them by getting everyone in the extended family to make a scrapbook page about themselves. Look how huge it is!
And then we were off to the reception. My mom and her sisters are masters at this stuff.
Chocolate dipped caramel apples- some with dark chocolate and toffee. Others with white chocolate and cinnamon sugar.
Chocolate mini-cups with different fillings.
And here's the whole feast- cute huh?
They ended up serving the apples in slices and they disappeared quick.


And my cute little boys got to have a day with just dad, who is a lot more fun than me. Taylor took them all to Ethan's soccer game, coached the game, and then spent the rest of the day spoiling them. The highlight of the day was of course a trip to Chuck E. Cheese. I have to admit it's not my favorite place- all those germs and silly games. But Taylor LOVES it. And so do the boys. So anytime I leave them all alone together somehow they end up there. And the one part I am grateful for (besides that they all come home happy) is that Taylor makes them all pile into the tiny picture booth and even if they're all not looking or someone is being grumpy while another has his eyes closed, at least I get to see them all together and be a small part of their adventure.

No comments: