Saturday, October 9, 2010

With all my free time (ha ha ha)

Actually I am grateful to find a few moments and some days even a few hours where all the kids are either at school or napping and I have some quiet time to myself. So I've started a few projects- the first of which I saw on one of my good friend's blogs and was an absolutely adorable playhouse made of felt. Since we always travel at Christmas and don't want to drag large presents back and forth, Isaac more than anyone gets the shaft since he misses both his birthday and Christmas. So this year since he will actually understand that it's his birthday, I decided to make him one of these play tents. And since it's just fabric is should fit in a suitcase nicely and the poles for the frame can just fit in Taylor's golf bag. So here's a little teaser since this will take me FOREVER to make. A garden on this side.
A window and pond on the back.
And a door and mailbox on the front. The other side will have a store front and doggy door. My boys are currently obsessed with knights and dragons so this will end up being a castle. I love that they'll be able to play on the inside as well as the outside.
And my other new project is couponing. Taylor got the paper for me as a present a while ago and I've used a few of the coupons but not really many. Then one of my friends sent me a blog she loves where the people say they don't and haven't bought toiletries for the last 2 years literally. No toothpaste, soap, deoderant, shampoo, tooth brushes, razor, shaving cream- none of that! They get it all free. So I decided I'd try it. Here's my first weeks spoils: from Rite Aid all this cost $6.41 (and $4 of that was for the diapers I was giving as a baby shower present). Basically just $2.41 in tax. Plus I have $12.50 in rebates to use on next week's toiletries. Pretty decent especially since it's all stuff we'll use and actually I'd have needed to buy the body wash and chapsticks anyway so free is always better. And Taylor was excited since this is his favorite kind of toothpaste.
And here are the spoils from Walgreens. The total came to $1.84 after all my coupons and rebates and I actually went back the next day and bought the same stuff again since I have double coupons. I'm pretty pleased and I'll keep you updated on how this couponing goes.

No comments: