Tuesday, October 19, 2010

The Joy Boys Return

Can I say how wonderful it is that I last taught the first week of September and we're just now getting back to me! I love having two mornings a week with just Miles and I but I also love having these guys back. Look at all their smiling, happy faces. We started with playdough.
And then read a book about colors and then went outside to hunt for colors. It was perfect timing since all the leaves are changing but it's still been warm enough that our flowers are alive. We were able to find all the basic colors. Then we took a trip to my mother in law's vegetable garden to see all the plants that are growing and then we came inside to talk about plants and where all our food comes from. One of my cute boys refused to believe that food comes from anywhere but the store, but the others were more convinced by seeing the apples on our tree in the backyard and the tomatoes in the garden. They had previously planted beans and were all fascinated to see the roots and stems. Overall a very fun time for everyone. And my favorite part? I just love that they all get along so well. This is the only other picture I remembered to take and it was during free play time. I love that not a single one is looking up at me. They're all playing and happily engaged in their own thing.
Okay the other best part was this morning when I reminded Isaac that his joyschool friends were coming over and he danced around and sang for the next 20 minutes "my joyschool friends are coming to my house, la la la". Not sure there was much of a tune, but he was pretty excited!

No comments: