Wednesday, October 13, 2010

This Week's Projects

Okay so I promise to not show the spoils of my couponing every week but I had to follow through from last week. Every fall Rite Aid does a big gear up for winter cold season rebate event. So everything in this photo was absolutely free- or at least it will be. I paid with a gift card from transferring a prescription previously and I'll be getting a check in the mail for $31.50 back. Yeah free money and we'll definitely end up using all of it.
And this would have been the regular coupon freebies from Rite Aid- no rebates here. Total with tax came to $4.46 which I paid for with money from last week's rewards and I'll have $10 left for next week to use. Everything was free (except tax) except the eye shadow was $1 after coupons. I figure it was worth the splurge.
And the Walgreens trip was quite productive too. All this for a grand total of $0.16. Yep, most of my tax was even paid for by leftover rewards from last week and lots of coupons. Plus the razors have inside them a $2 off coupon on your next purchase and since they were $4 to start with a you get a $3 coupon reward for your subsequent purchase I'll actually be EARNING a dollar when I go back tomorrow and buy another box. And then I'll have $10.50 to spend next week too. Can you tell I'm having a little too much fun with this? The best part is the store clerks are VERY familiar with coupons and all these rebates so they're very patient and even congratulate you on how much you saved.
And just because I don't have enough projects going on... here's a little teaser for you... I'll be remodeling our main bathroom this weekend. This picture was post removing the really grimy shower doors (love the gold everywhere). I had to make sure they could come off first and since they do, HERE WE GO!!!

1 comment:

Nikki said...

Tell me your couponing secrets!!!