Thursday, November 26, 2009

My New Best Friends

No, not Miles. He's great and completely adorable and at the top of my list, but my new best friends are:
The Swing
and The Playmat. Seriously. I volunteered to bake all the pies and rolls for Taylor's family's Thanksgiving which includes 17 people. I did this without thinking that maybe that would be hard with a 6 week old not completely in love with long naps. So yesterday when Miles woke up from his morning nap after just 30 minutes and I was in the middle of pumpkin pies, in desperation I threw him in the swing. And amazingly, he sat there staring at me for a while and then went back to sleep... and STAYED asleep another 2 hours. MIRACLE!
and he loves his playmat too. I try not to leave him there very long though for fear his eyes might get stuck in their "wide-eyed" look. I know, you don't believe me, but look- here's 2 more pictures for proof. I took a total of 5 of him on the playmat and I really could have used them all.
You try convincing Taylor to stop calling him Bugsy.
And these are my other 2 best friends: Isabella and Sophia, Taylor's little cousins. They've been in town since Saturday. Isaac loves Isabella and has been following her around like a puppy. He's even started ordering her around "mum" (come). And Ethan loves Sophia. Amazingly they're happy to be with the boys and have been really sweet with them so it's been nice to have friends to entertain them while I bake.

No comments: