Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Girl's Night Out

I love my Mother-in-law! I wish everyone could say that! She truly is wonderful. She started and runs a charter middle/high school in downtown SLC. She never says an unkind word about anyone- literally- no one! She's kind and loving and my boys adore her. And even though she's not a member of the church, she recognized early on that it was important to Taylor and I NOT to go out to eat on Sundays and so she goes out of her way each Sunday to make a meal for the whole family at her house so we can all be together and we're not breaking the Sabbath. It's amazing how much she tries to go out of her way to make us happy. I hope we do the same for her.
So last week she called me up to see if I was feeling up to going out for an evening. Are you kidding? I've basically been a hermit the past 3 weeks- which is fine, I have a newborn, but it would be nice to feel normal again. And Miles takes a bottle nicely.
Apparently my Father-in-law Jeff was going to be out of town Friday night so my Mother-in-law Sonia asked him to get some of the company tickets to the Jazz game and off we went. It would have been a great night by itself and then guess who showed up to sing the National Anthem. I guess I shouldn't be surprised since it is Utah, but MoTab came to sing. THE ENTIRE CHOIR! It was amazing- you should have seen all of them file in and then they were so loud they didn't even need microphones. Truly powerful and inspiring!
The rest of the game was great and fun to watch and my mother-in-law was great company. Don't feel too bad for Taylor being left home alone with the 3 boys on a Friday night- he got to go with his dad to a Jazz game Monday night while I held poor Miles.

1 comment:

Nikki said...

That is awesome! Only in Utah.