Monday, August 25, 2008

Girl's Weekend in Utah

A few weeks ago my dad took all my brothers and brothers-in-laws (and Taylor) on a rafting trip down the grand canyon. I will let him tell you about the trip in another blog. So instead of sitting around bored with just Ethan and Isaac(actually the Olympics were pretty amazing) , my mom and 2 sisters decided to join me in Utah for a mini girls vacations (minus 2 sisters-in-law who we missed dearly). We went to the zoo, went outlet mall shopping, and then drove down to St. George to vacation in the 107 degree heat. TOASTY! Insane people that we are, we decided to hike around Zion's National Park, which was beautiful, but... hot! Especially with Isaac on my back. Aunt Kelli and Ethan playing baseball on the Wii.
For whatever reason, Isaac loved the backpack carrier (I've even considered buying one and wearing it around the house as I do dishes and vacuum since he loved it so much). He did not however enjoy the hat and we spent much of the time battling over keeping it on.
Too cute to skip the close-up! (I may be biased)


Wading in the cool river water with Grandma Tina.

Apparently my climbing over rocks and sliding on my bum down the mountain side was lulling to Isaac. Note to self- supe up his crib with hydraulics. (He won the hat battle here)
Enough begging and an aunt will always give you a ride down the mountain.

Zion's has tried to cut down on the pollution from cars by banning them in the park. Instead you must ride a bus around which was kind of nice because of the tour commentary. Again you witness my bad parenting as I could care less that Ethan has his head stuck out the window to get a better view.

All in all it was an amazing place to see and we're glad we made the trip. Sorry no pictures of the rest of our time (which was mostly spent in the pool at the hotel).

No comments: