Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Spring keeps teasing us

I have to be thankful that we haven't had much (or really any) snow this winter but it's been consistently cold and it's wearing on all of us. And just to tease us a little, almost every tree in DC has started to bloom but the temperatures have stayed in the 40's and 50's. So last week I was overjoyed to discover that it was going to be sunny and 75 one afternoon. We couldn't resist. We packed up the boys and a few balls and spent the afternoon enjoying the weather outside.

Isaac was not impressed with the wind (he's still in that baby-can't-breath-when-it's-windy phase) but he loved all the trees.

Ethan loved having dad kick the ball around with him. At one point he stopped playing and went over and sat alone in the grass. When Taylor asked him what he was doing he said he'd put himself in timeout because he'd drop-kicked the soccer ball in the air (we have a no-drop-kicking-balls in the house rule). So we spent a while trying to teach him the difference between things that are always rules- no hitting, etc. and rules that change depending on location. I'm not sure he got it but it sure was cute to see him discipline himself.

3 comments:

Nikki said...

That is so cute!! I can not wait until it is 75 degrees here. Ammon puts himself in time out sometimes too. I will hear him say "Can I come out?" and I will be like "Huh?" Kids are funny!

MamaLove said...

Sarah that is a super cute shot of Ethan on the grass! Well i must say I have not emailed you or anything...so I am sorry! And I will mail you your book and duck suit ....thanks for sharing your happy memories!
Muriel

Kelli and Dana said...

I love that Ethan always looks like he's careening out of control in pictures. Kids sure do run fast:) Hope the weather takes an upturn for ya!